Re: [d-i] debconf, partitioning widget?

#include <hallo.h>
Tollef Fog Heen wrote on Mon Jul 22, 2002 um 01:12:24AM:
> * Eduard Bloch
>
> | #include <hallo.h>
> | Tollef Fog Heen wrote on Wed Jul 17, 2002 um 09:25:19AM:
> |
> | > Are you, or somebody else ready to continue developing b-f?  Note,
> | > _developing_, not maintaining.  I am not willing to do that.  I want
> | > to make d-i happen, however.
> |
> | What do you understand under "developing"?
>
> Adding support for EVMS, LVM, the Hurd, *BSD as a start.  Add various

LVM can be added. EVMS has AFAIK still some stability issues and does
not have any pvmove equivalent feature.

> frontends to it -- both text-only and GUI ones.

GUI gives only some cosmetical value, pointed out several times.

> I don't think you can reasonably do that within todays boot-floppies.

GUI? No. But is this the only thing that D-I is good for?

> | It does what it has been designed for.
>
> it hasn't been designed.

It does what it has been written for.

> | > d-i does not require large media either.  (Or rather, it does today,
> | > but that can be fixed if anybody cares enough.  And do we know how
> | > many actually install base from floppies?)
> |
> | But more RAM.
>
> not necessarily.

But mostly.

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
<netzwurm> was is eigentlich so geil an grub?
<formorer> grub bootet alles was nicht schnell genug wegläuft