Re: sparc IPC

On Thu, Nov 29, 2001 at 01:51:51PM +1100, Brian May wrote:

>     Philip> I've checked in a change that I hope will fix this one.
>     Philip> You might like to try it again with the next release of
>     Philip> boot-floppies and make sure that the bug really is gone.
>
> Ok. May try again sometime if I get really bored (this computer is
> really slow...).
>
>     >> 4. (oops I can't count). Somehow, when trying to save a file in
>     >> nano-tiny, it crashed with a segmentation fault, and crashed
>     >> the virtual console.
>
>     Philip> Probably best to file a bug against nano-tiny itself for
>     Philip> this.
>
> If I can reproduce. Chances are it is easy to reproduce, all you have
> to do is push the same wrong buttons I pressed before I got the save
> operation <grin>. Now I wonder what buttons I pressed...

I've been working on a bug in nano on Oldworld powerpc at exactly the
same place. My writeup is currently being ignored by the linuxppc-dev
list. Wonder if it's related. It happens consistently, every time when
saving a document for me. But nano-tiny has always worked well. In
fact, I use it instead of nano on that machine.

|  .''`.  |   Debian GNU/Linux: <http://www.debian.org>          |
| : :'  : |   debian-imac: <http://debian-imac.sourceforge.net>  |
| `. `'`  |      Chris Tillman        tillman@azstarnet.com      |
|   `-    |            May the Source be with you                |