Re: Translation statistics

Claus Hindsgaul <claus_h@image.dk> writes:

> Someone with CVS-access should update the po-files:
> # rm dbootstrap.pot
> # make dbootstrap.pot
> # make update-po

I believe this has been done.

> (the numbers above was found after such an update by issuing
> 'msgformat --statistics xx.po')
>
> Based on the numbers above, I would suggest removing sk and it immediatly
> from the internationalised boot floppies in any case, since two thirds of the
> strings will appear in english anyway. (Or better, of course, update these
> translations).

Advice taken, I will do so, however, now I have to work out what to
replace them with!

Actually, I've added pt due to the huge numbers of Brazilian users.

The highest countries with linux users still not included:

  KO -- no plausible translation in b-f
  NL -- no Dutch translation
  FI -- not a very good translation
  DK -- danish could be used
  NO -- no Norwegian translation

So I guess Danish should be the next one in if there's room.

> Even the ja and pl users must find it very messy to use the mixed language
> interface, and prefer to go with the english one for now.

We can hope they improve.  Getting an upload that has i18n will be
good way to push this along and raise visibility too.