Re: Any support for legacy-free systems? (was: Re: Can a rescue floppy load some modules before the installer starts?)

More accurately, I first tried Debian 2.2 CD. The Win98 machine did boot the Debian installer and the USB keyboard worked fine with it. I did not try any real installation of Debian on the machine.

As far as I know, a PC 2001 legacy-free machine will fail to boot Debian 2.2 CD. I'm also searching for testers who can test woody boot floppies on legacy-free systems around here.

Adam Di Carlo wrote:

Do things work fine with boot-floppies on that system at least?

--
"Free software is not for free."
Kaz Sasayama <Kaz.Sasayama@HyperLinuxJP.com>; Screen Name: kazssym