Re: dpkg, udpkg and busybox

Eray Ozkural wrote:
> Joey Hess wrote:
> >
> > Woah, woah. You added support for every field! Why? Udpkg is designed to
> > be small, not complete! It's not meant to get along with dpkg.
> >

> If not, could we please have it not interfere with anything in /var/lib/dpkg?

It's not intended to be used on a real debian system, why are you doing
so?

> > Before:
> > -rwxr-xr-x    1 joey     joey        10748 Dec 30 17:24 udpkg*
> > After:
> > -rwxrwxr-x    1 joey     joey        13500 Feb 14 14:01 udpkg*
> >
> > That is 100% bloat as far as I'm concerned.
>
> That doesn't seem much to me, only 3k

If we had written debian-installer with that attitude, we would not be
easily fitting it on one floppy right now. 3k is a hell of a lot when it
is 1/4 the full program size. 3k is another ethernet module that we can
cram on our floppy. 3k is important.

--
see shy jo