Re: dpkg, udpkg and busybox

Glenn McGrath wrote:
> I just checked in some changes to udpkg which should make it generate a
> correct status file when a program is installed, this will mean dselect
> and other standard packaging tools wont spit the dummy.
> I have only tested it with one program though, im sure there will some
> more problems to sort out.
>
> One thing i am concered about is that i created a lot more pointers for
> each packages in the struct, so i should check the memmory usage....

Woah, woah. You added support for every field! Why? Udpkg is designed to
be small, not complete! It's not meant to get along with dpkg.

Before:
-rwxr-xr-x    1 joey     joey        10748 Dec 30 17:24 udpkg*
After:
-rwxrwxr-x    1 joey     joey        13500 Feb 14 14:01 udpkg*

That is 100% bloat as far as I'm concerned.

--
see shy jo