Re: dpkg, udpkg and busybox

Glenn McGrath wrote:
> I just checked in some changes to udpkg which should make it generate a
> correct status file when a program is installed, this will mean dselect
> and other standard packaging tools wont spit the dummy.
> I have only tested it with one program though, im sure there will some
> more problems to sort out.
> One thing i am concered about is that i created a lot more pointers for
> each packages in the struct, so i should check the memmory usage....

Woah, woah. You added support for every field! Why? Udpkg is designed to
be small, not complete! It's not meant to get along with dpkg.

-rwxr-xr-x    1 joey     joey        10748 Dec 30 17:24 udpkg*
-rwxrwxr-x    1 joey     joey        13500 Feb 14 14:01 udpkg*

That is 100% bloat as far as I'm concerned.

see shy jo