Re: debian boot floppies almost ready ...

On Wed, May 24, 2000 at 04:41:51PM +0200, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
> On Wed, May 24, 2000 at 04:20:42PM +0200, Sven LUTHER wrote:
> > Hello Christian, ...
> >
> > I guess it will be taken in account by the autobuilder, ... will check the
> > diff though, but i think it is not that that is causing me the problem, ...
> One the size of an array was increased (see changelog for the diff).
>
> > I have a problem with amiga-fdisk-bf that don't appear in amiga-fdisk, and
> > that is that any changes done to the partition table are ignored (even when
> > just printing the table with p). Do you have this also under m68k ?
> I only removed the segfault and checked that neither the -bf and the normal
> version segfault when printing the partition table. I did not change any

I think i remember this happening, ...

> partition type, I dont have that many harddisks to play with...

The funny thing, is that you can discover this problem even without touching
the harddisk.

You changethe type, and after that use p to vision it, and the partition will
not have changed in the -bf version, but yes in the normal one. after you
forget anything with just q.

> But I don't see why there should be a -bf only problem? You used the same
> source for both versions and only changed a switch?

Well, i did a thing that i posted on linux-m68 and some of the debian mailing
lists. don't remember well, but i guess it never worked.

Basically, i use scanf to read a string in a 1024 sized buffer, and the
allocate a string of the size of the read string and return a pointer to it
(it is a memory leak, because nobody will ever reclaim the memory of it, but i
think nobody will use amiga-fdisk long enough for it to become a problem).

I just checked that it works to read stuff correctly, not having problems like
my student encounter with scanf (well having the carriage return in the read
stack which would be used for the second scanf), but never really tried it
(not having a harddisk to play with :(((). Please test it like mentioned
above, i guess the same happens on m68k.

> > Also, is Frank, the official amiga-fdisk maintainer still active ? I think
> > not, since almost two years only NMU have been made (by me and you and james
> > ...)
> Dunno, earth calling Franky?

Don't know its phone number or new email, i know he was supposed to move from
oldenburg to karlsruhe or thereabout more than one year ago, ...

Friendly,

Sven LUTHER