Re: May I indent the `dbootstrap' code?

On Thu, Apr 13, 2000 at 09:50:28PM -0700, Karl M. Hegbloom wrote:

>     Ben> I use vim. Basically I set it (for my stuff) with tabstop=8 and
>     Ben> shiftwidth=4 (indent).
>
>  Ok, so you put a line at the end of the file for that then?
>
>  vi: sw=4 tw=8 :

vi: sw=4 ts=8 tw=74

The tw is the margin.

>  Is that the correct syntax?
>
>  How about braces?  Should I make them hang on the right or start on
>  the next line?

I think most people use the rule for functions, put it on the next line,
and for everything else (if, switch, while, do-while...) put it on the
same line. Also, if they are on their own line, they should line up with
the decleration (same indent) instead of being indented further.