Re: May I indent the `dbootstrap' code?

On Wed, Apr 12, 2000 at 07:23:19PM -0700, Karl M. Hegbloom wrote:

>  I made some changes to `dbootstrap' earlier this week...  I have
>  added two arguments to `execlog()' to make it optionally return the
>  output as a string as well as log it to syslog, and at many of the
>  call sites, have added that string as an error message to the dialog
>  box shown when the command fails.
>
>  I'd gotten part way through fixing up all of the call sites (I use
>  `global' and `gtags-mode' in XEmacs to find the call sites) of
>  `execlog()', and had been reformatting a lot of things along the way
>  because the indention, in my editor, was flat along the left edge;
>  there's a 4 space indent and a tab width of 4, which I'd assumed we
>  where using since that's what busybox is formatted like...

No, no, no. Either make it real style of 1 tab indents, tab width of 8, or
use something less stringement (my preference) like 4 space indents and
tab width of 8. Don't change the tab width to anything but 8, the
indentation can be whatever (8 or 4, prefered).

`     bcollins@debian.org  --  bcollins@openldap.org  --  bmc@visi.net     '