Re: pcmcia-modules-2.2.14-flavor installs modules in wrong place

Randolph Chung <tausq@debian.org> wrote:

> I believe this is a problem with the -ide kernel. In order for the different
> kernels to not collide, the -ide kernel should be compiled with
> EXTRA_VERSION=-ide.

> What do other folks think?

I don't see why anyone would want to install vanilla and ide together.  This
plus the fact that adding stuff to the end of kernel version is still a bit
wobbly (after all, there are too many apps out there that assume the format of
a version number to be a.b.c) means that I won't change it for now.