Re: pcmcia-modules-2.2.14-flavor installs modules in wrong place

> This pkg puts it's modules in /lib/modules/2.2.14-ide/, but the
> related kernel-image-2.2.14-ide package conflicts with
> kernel-image-2.2.14 and puts its modules in /lib/modules/2.2.14 (where
> modprobe et al are expecting).

I believe this is a problem with the -ide kernel. In order for the different
kernels to not collide, the -ide kernel should be compiled with
EXTRA_VERSION=-ide.

What do other folks think?

> Therefore, it seems to me that this pkg should conflict with other
> flavors of pcmcia-modules-2.2.14 ("vanilla", "compact", and "idepci",
> which doesn't seem to exist), and put modules in /lib/modules/2.2.14.

Note that compact works correctly -- all modules go into
/lib/modules/2.2.14-compact

I really need to upload -idepci, i've been hoping to catch dark and ok that
with him first before uploading a new package to potato...

randolph
--
Debian Developer <tausq@debian.org>
http://www.TauSq.org/