Re: Current laptop issues with 2.2.5

> Last time I ended up trying to do something with mbr I couldn't even
> get it to respond to keypresses; out of curiousity, what does it buy us
> over just using lilo?  I could swear that's what I used to do.

you can use lilo without using a linux based mbr this way. might be needed
for some OS'es... i dunno.

> There should at least be a visible comment about that somewhere,
> espcially if the defaults are not to boot into linux - in fact, for me
> the default was not bootable at all.

that sounds wrong -- it does *try* to make the default bootable into linux.
In fact, it should ask you about this. If it didn't, someone else is wrong.

I've added an extra dialog to dbootstrap so if did in fact choose to not do
a default boot into linux it'll give some extra info.

Can you try this once more and confirm it doesn't make it bootable by
default? Thanks...

randolph
--
Debian Developer <tausq@debian.org>