Current laptop issues with 2.2.5

Well, PCMCIA support works - after drivers.tgz is installed.  I'd
really appreciate it if it was not possible to try to configure pcmcia
before /sbin/cardmgr is installed, it would make many things more
obvious.

For apt - I see no way to add a non-us sources.list entry except by
hand, because it has dist frozen/non-US instead of frozen.

Lilo does not install successfully; it put itself on /dev/hda5 (the
ext2 partition) but not on /dev/hda and thus did not boot.  This left
an old lilo install on hda which obviously failed to find its loader,
and bombed badly.

And dhcp during install failed to work over pcmcia; I will try to find
out why later.

Dan