Re: potato Release Notes updated

On Sun, Jan 16, 2000 at 05:48:03PM +0100, Josip Rodin wrote:

> That's it for now, please comment, and CC: me on any replies because
> I'm not subscribed.

** There's no more low memory support :

Well, I think you can remove the 6.3 section since it seems that
low-memory hardware will no longer be supported. At least there is not
yet a special low-memory boot floppy.

And anyway, the old "low-memory" stuff never worked fully on my 4Mb
Laptop. (Bash was to big i think...) and i was told that there was a
bug in the slink "low-memory" install process about swaps partitions.

I tried an install with the new 2.2.4 boot-floppies : it stopped after
RAMDISK init...

** Add links to special distros :

I would surely like to install Debian on this tiny box, but as it
does'nt seem reasonable, i think you should increase the memory
requirements, and put links for special low-memory distros (like
small-linux <http://smalllinux.netpedia.net> which i installed on my
laptop)

A+

--