Re: questions about state of boot disks

Let me see if I have you straight here.  We build a small kernel with
as few options as possible built-in and then we install a larger
kernel on the hard drive with everything necessary either built-in or
as modules.  I like the small kernel idea because it reduces the disk
space problem and we might be able to have a larger root.bin.  My
question is how many more disks would we need to use to contain a full
kernel and modules to be installed.  I suppose this has the advantage
of allowing a person to determine at download time a kernel set of
disks more closely customized for their computer than we currently
do.  The disadvantage is that the person downloading needs to know
more about their hardware then they need know currently.

  Kirk

e-mail: kirk@braille.uwo.ca		University of Western Ontario
phone: (519) 661-3061