Re: Blends pages, tasks pages etc.

On Mon, Dec 07, 2015 at 10:01:57AM +0100, Ole Streicher wrote:

> > Not really.  The import comes from different data sources and the tables
> > are not mixed (and IMHO also should not be mixed).
>
> I did not dig into the details here. If they are stored in different
> tables: why don't we just query the "RCSinfo" table (or how ever it is
> named) for the NEW packages as well?

Believe it or not but there are people out there (even in the science
field - for instance the R maintainer) who strictly refuse to use a
packaging VCS.  We simply have information in NEW and this should be
completely taken over into UDD.  It is not that hard and I'll do it but
it just takes some time.  Looking into other tables is a hack that does
not work reliable in all cases.

> > UDD is developed here:
> >
> >    ssh://git.debian.org/git/collab-qa/udd.git
> >
> > You need to define a new table and write an importer.
>
> Thanks; i will have a look there at some point. IMO the visibility of
> upstream metadata is quite important to get them well-integrated, from
> which would benefit both the users and upstream developers.

+1

> BTW: Debtags and updates are now in my "Packages" pages. Updates are
> even visible if all details are collapes (by a "↺" sign, which would
> need some legend or tooltip). This makes it even simpler to find out
> which package needs some love :-)

Thanks.  Just keep on your improvement work.  I hope you will get some
more input.