Re: Blends pages, tasks pages etc.

Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> writes:
> On Mon, Dec 07, 2015 at 09:06:55AM +0100, Ole Streicher wrote:
>> > I guess I simple wrote the ftpnew importer before I had the idea to also
>> > fetch these data.  For sure it is relevant - I think I need to store
>> > this information in UDD.
>>
>> They are alredy fetched for the "started" packages, so one would just
>> need to (re-)enable them for the NEW packages, right?
>
> Not really.  The import comes from different data sources and the tables
> are not mixed (and IMHO also should not be mixed).

I did not dig into the details here. If they are stored in different
tables: why don't we just query the "RCSinfo" table (or how ever it is
named) for the NEW packages as well?

>> > Currently the only data imported from d/u/metadata are the publication
>> > data.  I agree that in the long run everything should be imported.
>>
>> If you would point me to the place where this is done in bdt.py, I could
>> do this as well.
>
> UDD is developed here:
>
>    ssh://git.debian.org/git/collab-qa/udd.git
>
> You need to define a new table and write an importer.

Thanks; i will have a look there at some point. IMO the visibility of
upstream metadata is quite important to get them well-integrated, from
which would benefit both the users and upstream developers.

BTW: Debtags and updates are now in my "Packages" pages. Updates are
even visible if all details are collapes (by a "↺" sign, which would
need some legend or tooltip). This makes it even simpler to find out
which package needs some love :-)

Best regards

Ole