Re: Blends pages, tasks pages etc.

On Mon, Dec 7, 2015 at 3:58 PM, Ole Streicher wrote:

> At least for astronomy, most of the packages are part of some framework:
> Python, GDL, (ESO-) CPL etc. They usually have their user interface
> through the framework, which is more or less independent of the packages
> packages. For example, the CPL framework has ~12 plugins, and two user
> interfaces: one command line (esorex) and two Python (python-cpl). The
> Python interface is "import cpl; recipe = cpl.Recipe('muse_bias'). IMO
> it does not make any sense to screen-shoot this somehow, and also not
> the command line interface. Or do you have an other idea here?

Screenshots of typical uses of command-line interfaces are useful IMO.

For Python code, less so since Python is rarely written interactively
(I guess), but you seem to indicate that is common, so maybe they are
useful.

>> Debtags are definitely not obsoleted by AppStream.
>
> Then, I didn't uderstand you right here.

They are completely unrelated, I'm sorry if I gave the impression that
they were.

> Is there a log available what was removed and why? I really feel
> disappointed when something is removed silently, and I have to add it
> later. What should be my motivation to re-add it?

Unfortunately not, this is a longstanding issue for debshots but
no-one is working on the code.

I believe the debtags are in a VCS somewhere but the web interface
doesn't allow you to give reasons for a changeset so the VCS won't be
useful.

Personally I'd be motivated to correct the mistake, no matter the circumstances.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise