Re: Blends pages, tasks pages etc.

Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> writes:
> On Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 7:18 PM, Ole Streicher wrote:
>> So, isn't this simply a DNS entry and a configuration on the
>> blends.debian.org server saying that astro.d.o should point to
>> /srv/blends.d.o/www/astro? Or do I miss there the pitfall?
>
> Mostly the human cost in DSA time for each new blend that pops up, we
> are snowed under with cron mail, nagios notifications, tickets, new
> services and so on already and a new source of work isn't very useful.

Come on, the rate of new blends creation is not really high -- how many
were there last year? Probably less then one. Does this really
significantly increase your load?

> In addition I think consistency between blends is a good idea for
> various reasons.

I would have no problem to have <blend>.debian.org pointing to
/srv/blends.debian.org/<blend> for every blend. This would also keep the
blends web infrastructure locally maintainable for the blends team,
actually lowering the load for the main web team.

And, again: <blend>.debian.org sounds for me like the canonical source
for a blend for end users.

However, this just popped up as an idea since our web guide (Kalles
Design) recommends a subdomain specific main menu. If it appears really
complicated, one can live without it.

Best regards

Ole