Re: Blends pages, tasks pages etc.

Hi Paul,

On Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 11:31:53AM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> > writing an UDD gatherer will be cheap.  I've written several gatherers
> > to get all the information.
>
> As I said before, it already is doing that.
>
> https://appstream.debian.org/html/unstable/main/metainfo/inkscape.html
>
> If you want to import the data before it reaches ftp.debian.org, it is here:
>
> https://appstream.debian.org/data/

Ahhh, I probably did not read to the end of DEP11 docs.  Would you
consider this location as a relieable source for an UDD gatherer?

> > I agree that adapting to a corporate design could be nice.  However, the
> > colors (green, yellow and red) have some generic meaning and I think
> > these color scheme needs to be kept.
>
> Uh, Debian isn't a corporation. I guess Kalle's web design was meant:
>
> https://wiki.debian.org/KallesDesign
>
> This is what we use on the Debian website and other places.

Well, may be the term "corporate design" is not properly choosen but
unique Debian design is what Ole probably wanted to express.

> > I'm not in conflict with this suggestion.  For the moment it was just
> > way more simple to care only for one domain.  You need to know that very
> > few people work on all this and there are some Blends who not even care
> > for their simple index pages.  Due to my experience it is currently
> > better to have a general blends.debian.org domain.  If you are convinced
> > that astro.debian.org is helpful for Debian Astro nothing speaks against
> > such a domain and I guess it will be pretty easy to provide the content
> > on both sites.
>
> I expect DSA would prefer you stick to www.d.o and blends.d.o.

This is only one part of what I meant by the effort to implement
astro.debian.org (and friends).  I do not even want to take this effort
for med.debian.org myself ...