Re: Blends pages, tasks pages etc.

Hi Paul,

Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> writes:
> On Sun, Nov 15, 2015 at 11:53 PM, Ole Streicher wrote:
>> I still like my proposal more, with the task list on the main page and
>> some attractive packages as teaser.
>
> The highlights seems like a good idea to me but I worry the full task
> list would be too much information for the main landing page, at least
> for some blends.

Not every Blends page must look identical; they may have differences due
to their goals or internal structure.

debian-science is an example where the list is quite long. However,
debian-science is more an umbrella for different tasks than a blend in
itself.

> I note that Fedora go even further and just put names, one-sentence
> summaries and screenshots of typical use-cases:
>
> https://spins.fedoraproject.org/
> https://labs.fedoraproject.org/

The spins page is far too long for my taste, but the labs page looks
nice (although I again think that 9 featureed apps are far too much).

It shows, however, a lack we currently have with our app metadata: Many
apps have a logo, which is not accessible for us in a canonical way.

> BTW, here is the discussion that happened around the addition of
> blends to the website:
>
> https://lists.debian.org/msgid-search/20150927162946.GA16490@shiftout.net

Thanks for the pointer. Sorry, at that time I was busy and could not
take part in the discussion.

Best regards

Ole