Re: Debian Games Pure Blend

On Fri, Aug 8, 2014 at 3:17 AM, Markus Koschany wrote:

> This is a chicken-and-egg problem. If those maintainers outside the
> Debian Games really had wanted to work collaboratively in one team they
> would have joined Debian Games a long time ago with or without Blends.
> As you know it is also rather difficult to arouse interest in the Games
> Team itself. These two facts combined let me believe that the underlying
> problem is more complex and Blends not the solution for everything. But
> I agree that having a framework for visualizing work-flows is nice.

I think there are other factors at play:

Games maintained by other folks since before the games team existed
plus inertia.

Games maintained as part of another team since they are maintained
upstream the same way (GNOME KDE etc).

Visibility of the games team isn't all that high within the Debian
development community.

--
bye,
pabs