Re: Debian Games Pure Blend

On 03.08.2014 19:19, Andreas Tille wrote:
[...]
>>> I just imagine bold
>>> lines of news tickers like "Debian now supports games" when Debian Games
>>> is mentioned in the Jessie release notes. :-)  While we all know that
>>> Debian had games quite from the beginning it could help to get Debian
>>> out of the "servers only corner".
>>
>> I agree that there should be at least a few lines in the release notes.
>
> It's usual that Blends teams provide a paragraph for the release notes
> (*if* the Blends team minds about creating the text).

I will write a few words for the release notes when the time arrives.

[...]

>> I want to focus on main because I'd like to convey the message that main
>> is Debian and it's good to have your games there if they should be
>> promoted. We also have to draw a line somewhere otherwise I can already
>> see the first requests to add "Humble Bundle" or Steam games to the list
>> and that's not the route I want to go with this Blend.
>
> Well, that's your decision and I will not question this.  I just like to
> remind you that you also can add packages "not yet in main but in VCS
> targeting at main".  This kind of todo list is useful to help potential
> new developers picking some useful task.  They are also added as
> "Suggests" but show up on the tasks pages in separate paragraph.

That's a good idea. However the first iteration of debian-games is
targeted at casual users who simply want to play games but don't really
know what kind of games Debian has to offer. I intend to create some
developer/contributor oriented metapackages later in the future. They
will be tailored for certain programming languages and recommend or
suggest different content packages with game data and they will also
include some hints what kind of help is needed. Nevertheless I believe
the best way to get involved is to contact team members at
debian-devel-games or on IRC and ask for potential tasks directly.

[...]
>> Another point:
>>
>> How can I enable the bug page and the "thermometer" for the Games Blend?

[...]
> So in short:  You do not need to do anything to enable these pages since
> it is done for all Blends ... I just need to fix a bug and need to do
> some testing.  I reall hope to get this done in the next couple of
> weeks.  (For sure any help is welcome as always. :-))

Ok. Thanks for the info. Perhaps I spot the mistake when I get more
familiar with all the background scripts.

Regards,

Markus