Re: metapackages

On 10/30/2010 03:40 PM, Andreas Tille wrote:
Hi Rosea,

On Sat, Oct 30, 2010 at 09:18:23AM +0200, rosea.grammostola wrote:
Just provide your source code somehow and I'll have a look.

git@github.com:johnsen/blends-meta.git

this is a testpackage
Fine.  I see you started up with the examples (and thus used the chance
to update debhelper and Standards-Version there - just a side mark no
real problem).

I get

$ pdebuild
dpkg-checkbuilddeps: error: syntax error in debian/control at line 12:
duplicate field Package found
There are two issues.

   1. There is some bug/feature in blends-dev: You need to insert
      an empty line at the end of your debian/control.stub file
      (probably I should add such a line in any case to fix this).
      Adding this will solve the duplicate field Package issue.
      However
   2. You probably do not want the completely empty openstudio
      package which will be created by the last two lines in your
      control.stub file which was missleading in the outdated
      examples (just updated it in SVN).
      This also fixes the problem (if you leave the empty line
      in the end).

A empty line is just a 'hard Enter' right?

Point 2. I should remove those lines, like this?

Source: debian-openstudio
Section: misc
Maintainer: rosea grammostola <rosea.grammostola@gmail.com>
#Uploaders: _OPTIONAL-FURTHER-MAINTAINER_ <_optional-further-maintainer_@debian.org>
Build-Depends-Indep: debhelper (>= 7.1), blends-dev
Standards-Version: 3.9.1

Then I get this debian/control file
# This file is autogenerated via make -f debian/rules dist.  Do not edit!
Source: debian-openstudio
Section: misc
Maintainer: rosea grammostola <rosea.grammostola@gmail.com>
#Uploaders: _OPTIONAL-FURTHER-MAINTAINER_ <_optional-further-maintainer_@debian.org>
Build-Depends-Indep: debhelper (>= 7.1), blends-dev
Standards-Version: 3.9.1

Package: openstudio-audio
Architecture: all
Depends: openstudio-tasks (= ${binary:Version})
Recommends: audacity, qjackctl, zynaddsubfx
Suggests: ladspa-plugin
 This metapackage will install Debian packages for use in
 audio of debian-openstudio.

Package: openstudio-video
Architecture: all
Depends: openstudio-tasks (= ${binary:Version})
Recommends: mplayer, vlc
 This metapackage will install Debian packages for use in
 video of debian-openstudio.

It depends on 'openstudio-tasks', but I doubt whether this package is created with the control.stub and control file....

\r