Re: metapackages

On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 08:50:50AM +0200, rosea.grammostola wrote:
> ^ that question still needs an answer. But it looks like it works
> without tasksel (it is tasksel what debian-med is using indeed).

Sorry, I was basically offline the last couple of days - normally
you get an answer more quickly.

> I two other small problems. In my tasks I have set some dependencies.
> But in the end result, they are recommends instead ???

This is intentionally because it turned out to be useful in case if you
for some reason explicitely wnat to get rid of some packages or if a
package is for some reason not available.  *Currently* all explicite
Depends mentioned in the tasks files are turned into Recommends of the
package exists in the distribution you are targeting at.  If the
blends-dev code verifies that the package is not existing it even puts
the package on "Suggests" to enable smooth installation of the
metapackage.  This comes handy if you have a local repository for
whatever reason or there are packages in the new queue and might be
included later into Debian (see prospective packages section in the
docs).  You can then install via

   apt-get -o 'Apt::Install-Suggests=1'

(see #542369 and bother apt maintainers for fixing their docs).

> Also, I get a warning when building the package with debuild, two
> 'packages' entries.

Just provide your source code somehow and I'll have a look.