Re: French translation of ???Debian Pure Blends???.

On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 06:09:50PM +0200, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 01:00:14AM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
>> if ???Blends??? is intended to be like a brand name, then indeed it
>> does not need to be translated.
>
> If anything should be treated as a brand name, it is the full triple.

Yes.  That's the reason why the correct spelling is

   _D_ebian _P_ure _B_lends

(with all capital letters).

>> Since « Blends pur Debian » gives the appropriate Google keyword to the
>> French reader, I think that it would be a good compromise.
>
> Dropping "pure" from "Debian Pure Blends" is a bad compromise IMO.

... and even if a non-English capable French native speaker reads this
he can easily guess what it means because the writing is quite similar
(I admit the grammar makes it a bit complicated most probably).