Re: CDD Talk at Debconf (Was: No CDD talk at debconf4 ?)

On Wed, May 12, 2004 at 09:13:16AM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > message to custom (which did not CC me)
>
> Sorry, I expected you to read the list, which might be a wrong
> assumption.

It's a correct assumption. I read the list but not as often as
non-list email mail. If the message is directed to me and asking me a
question, sending the message to me directly as well as onlist is a
good way to get my attention. Luckily, Enrico pointed the message out
to me right away.

> > and which you did not reply to my followup on the list.
>
> I did not replyed because these funny Telefonica people did not
> managed to provide wireless lan without continuos interruptions.  So
> I just noticed your mail and wanted to answer now (see my nect
> mail).

Perfect. Your other message sent today was precisely the sort of
feedback I was looking for.

> > I know of the meeting from Valencia but have basically heard info
> > only third and fourth hand.
>
> That's certainly bad.  I would loved if you would have been able to
> attend.

Free Ekanayaka's summary seems to be exactly what I was looking
for. Thanks Free!

> We were quite less people from abroad and this shows once more that
> our general CDD coordination has to be drastically enhanced.  To
> accomplish this I'd strongly suggest that at least one person of
> each CDD subscribes to the list and can inform his other CDD fellows
> about important ongoing general things if needed.

I know we have at least 2 people from -NP on the list.

> I guess the Valencia talk is a good base, but should be turned into
> even more technical information.  I have heard that Cosimo Alfarano
> <kalfa@debian.org> will attend Debconf and I would regard him even
> more competent to speak about these terms than me.

As scheduled, the CDD talk will be on the last day so we should have
plenty of time to prepare. We've started talking already. :)

Regards,
Mako

--
Benjamin Mako Hill