Re: No CDD talk at debconf4 ?

On Wed, May 05, 2004 at 11:36:30AM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> I just noticed that there is no CDD talk sceduled at
>
>     http://www.debconf.org/debconf4/?q=node/view/35
>
> Make, what's wrong here.  You announced to do a talk.  Do you need any
> support?

I'm assuming s/Make/Mako/. :)

I submitted two formal talks to Debconf. One for an SPI workshop and
one for an CDD talk. I got an acceptance for my SPI talk and heard
nothing back about the CDD talk. I asked twice for an update and heard
nothing concrete (i.e, yes or no).

I'm assuming that since the schedule is released and CDD's are not on
it, the answer is no.

You will notice however, that the last day of the conference is called
Debian-NP day and we have most of the day. It's got the slots of a
talk so there won't be conflicts but it's going to be a little more
informal. As part of Debian-NP day, I've planned the following
BOF/talk to replace the CDD talk:

  1. INTRO TO CUSTOM DEBIAN DISTRIBUTIONS

  Formerly lumped in with other "subprojects," Custom Debian
  Distributions have in the last year chosen a new name and developed
  quickly both technically and socially. Led in part by the example of
  Skolelinux (now Debian-Edu), CDDs are working on creating a common
  infrastructure for package selection and are developing policy and
  methods for allowing custom configuration of packages *fully* within
  the Debian system.

  This BOF is for anyone working on Custom Debian Distributions,
  interested in doing so -- as a developer or just someone who wants
  to use a customized version of Debian -- or just interested in the
  concept! Participants will discuss the technologies, status, and
  future of custom package selection and custom package configuration
  within Debian.

Feedback about this text from this list is welcome. As soon as we get
some consensus about the rest of the BOFs from the Debian-NP day
organizers (and the Debian-NP and Debconf4 lists), we'll put these on
the Debconf Schedule in place of the rather nondescript "Debian-NP
Day" item.

Regards,
Mako

--