mpich problems 1.2.5.2-1

Since upgrading to mpich 1.2.5.2-1, our big mpi based application has stopped
working.  I get this error:

mpirun -np 2 sus -mpm inputs/MPM/disks2mat4patch.ups
xm_2407:  p4_error: Command-line arguments are missing: 0
/usr/bin/mpirun: line 1:  2407 Segmentation
fault      /home/jas/SCIRun/NewBC/debug/Packages/Uintah/StandAlone/sus "-mpm"
"inputs/MPM/disks2mat4patch.ups"
-p4pg /home/jas/SCIRun/NewBC/debug/Packages/Uintah/StandAlone/PI2327
-p4wd /home/jas/SCIRun/NewBC/debug/Packages/Uintah/StandAlone

To confirm that mpi is working, I compiled the mpich examples found in the
documentation and ran them for various number of processors and all worked
fine using mpich 1.2.5.2-1.

On a different machine, I am running mpich 1.2.5-6, and the above command
(mpirun -np 2 sus -mpm inputs/MPM/disks2mat4patch.ups) works without any
problems.

I am looking for pointers for ways to debug the problems I am having with
mpich 1.2.5.2-1.

Thanks,

John Schmidt