Re: LAM: best distro for clustering?

Greetings!  We've been using Debian here for years with great success
and minimal hassle.

Some Debian clustering advantages:

1) Install once, smooth upgrades for the indefinite future.  I think
   we installed our cluster back in  ~ 1995 or so, and have only
   'apt-get upgrade'ed since, even with multiple hardware upgrades.

2) Enormous quantity of integrated parallel and numerical software.

3) Transparent cpu-specific optimized blas/lapack support available to
   all packages without recompilation.

4) lam/mpich are setup as compile-time MPI alternatives, meaning that
   code can be compiled against either with no changes at the
   administrator's discretion.

Take care,