Re: First Beowulf cluster. Some pointers?

Hi,

On Thu, Dec 07, 2000 at 12:04:48AM +0900, Junichi Uekawa wrote:
> Yes, and this brings back attention to the rather old bug of mpich, which says
> it can't do multiple architectures on Linux. I don't really know if it's fixed or not,
> or will be fixed in the near future. At least, not in the changelogs I could find.

PVM does not have this problem.

Just for the record:

PVM (parallel virtual machine) is another message passing
architecture (MPI = message passing interface) which serves the
same purpose as MPI but with a different API.

Regards,
--
Philipp      | work: pfrauenf@math.ethz.ch  +41 1 632 60 38
Frauenfelder | home: pfrauenf@debian.org    +41 1 862 73 14