Re: First Beowulf cluster. Some pointers?

[sorry jonathan for quoting your mail in public like this, but I hope you
don't mind.]

Quoting Jonathan Joseph <Joseph_J@glan-hafren.ac.uk>:

> Hi, just to let you know that you are not the only one in this position.
> I got 16 486's to build my own beowulf, so I am looking forward to reading any
> replys you get (though each of mine will boot it's self locally).

> On Wed, 06 Dec 2000, Turbo Fredriksson wrote:
> > I've got my hands on 15 used (Doh! :) SPARC Station 1+ in varying
> > condition.

This brings out a question I know I asked before and I can weagley remember
getting an answer to it, just not exactly what it was :).

I also have some 486's, simple pentiums, a couple of Dec stations etc...
I even think I can get me a old VAX1 if I really want to! (but I don't,
it's _HUGE_ and _LOUD_!! :) Can ALL these machines be a part of the same cluster?

I just have a big aversion to throwing (working) things away, and why not
putting them to (good) use if possible? :)
--
PLO critical cryptographic DES 767 counter-intelligence radar class
struggle congress Kennedy Mossad 747 Nazi Albanian quiche