Re: First Beowulf cluster. Some pointers?

On Wed, Dec 06, 2000 at 08:53:47PM +0200, Eray Ozkural (exa) wrote:
> Viral wrote:
> > Well, Good Luck !
> > I do remember reading of something called GAMMA which uses AM, and they
> > claim to be achieve the physical latency and badwidth limits of Fast
> > Ethernet. I don't know how far they've progressed. The last I read, there
> > were stable drivers for 3c905, and there was experimental support for
> > eepro100.
>
> Yep, I'd read about GAMMA. I don't recall if they have an MPI API though.
> In fact I should be giving it a shot, but so little time and so many
> projects. :(

Yes, they do have an MPI API and they also have benchmarks etc.
Time is a problem, but by about Jan, I should be relatively free of all my
silly exams, and have time to get a few packages going. Hopefully, by
then, I'll also get my DAM approval.. but that doesn't stop me from making
the packages.

viral