Re: First Beowulf cluster. Some pointers?

On Wed, Dec 06, 2000 at 08:22:57PM +0200, Eray Ozkural (exa) wrote:
> David Santo Orcero wrote:
> >
> > > 'True clustering system' was what my friend refered it to be... ?
> >
> >  Yes. With Mosix all cluster work as a single SMP machine.
>
> Not your ultimate distributed operating system, but pretty nice extension
> to linux. With the 2.4.0 kernel real soon now, we should start looking
> into mosix packages. I volunteer for that task.

Me too. Haven't packaged a lot of stuff, but I'm interested in getting this
going.

On an orthogonal note, is anyone aware of MPI implementations using a different
transport layer than TCP/IP ? Active Messages, Fast Messages ? I know that
they exist, but is anyone packaging them ?

viral