Re: jlapack_0.8~dfsg-3~bpo8+1_amd64.changes REJECTED

On Fri, Jul 08, 2016 at 11:27:01AM +0200, Rhonda D'Vine wrote:
> But it would be much more helpful to not have to ask but been
> told by the people doing that beforehand.

I've got this.

> > Please assume that I was considering the change from contrib to main
> > a relevant change.  Next time I'll post this here first.
>
>  While I agree that it's an important change on itself, it's a corner
> case and I don't see it as a reason for a backport on its own.
> Backports is about new features that packages offer that might be useful
> for users of an otherwise stable release.  And moving package from
> contrib to main - while it is an important step, no question there - is
> not really offering something new to stable users.

Yes, *only* the move from contrib to main does not rectify a backport.
However, there  are bugfix releases from beast-mcmc I would love to ship
to stable users.  I would have expected a "package is not in testing of
the distribution in question" if I try to upload a new version from
beast-mcmc to contrib since contrib/testing does not have this version
(since its in main).  Yes, its a corner case and if things are not in
line with backports policy the weld will keep on turning without the new
version in backports.

> > May I assume that it is fine to re-upload jlapack and once this is
> > accepted netlib-java and mtj as well which have pretty the same reason
> > and minimal changelog.
>
>  You can upload them together, the buildds should be able to handle that
> correctly from what I know.  Unless there is something else that might
> be an issue here that I don't see on first sight.

I might consider setting up a local mirror for pbuilder to make sure all
will be build in a clean environment.  In any case I'll make sure to add
a short explanation to each of the packages in d/changelog.

Hope to fit requirements for backports better in future.

Thanks for your patience

      Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de