Re: redmine depends on ruby-awesome-nested-set, which is not available

Hello Rhonda,

On Fri, Jul 25, 2014 at 02:30:25PM +0200, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
> * Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@debian.org> [2014-07-21 03:06:36 CEST]:
> > On Sun, Jul 20, 2014 at 08:12:08PM -0300, Antonio Terceiro wrote:
> > > - make ruby-awesome-nested-set reach testing, and backport it.
> > > - uploaded a fixed redmine to wheezy-backports
> > >
> > > So the question to backports FTP masters is: even though redmine is not
> > > present in testing right now because rails 3.2 won't be shipped in
> > > jessie, would you be willing to allow uploading a redmine
> > > 2.5.1-2~bpo70+2 that fixes dependencies so that it uses rails and rack
> > > packages from wheezy?
> >
> > Actually, would you guys allow backporting ruby-awesome-nested-set,
> > which should not be in testing for a while, as well? The transition to
> > using Rails 4 in testing/unstable is going to take a while, and I would
> > like to be able to fix redmine in wheezy-backports in that interim.
>
>  So would the ruby-awesome-nested-set work without ruby-3.2?  If so,
> could you upload it to unstable so that it doesn't depend on ruby-3.2
> and transition to jessie?  I would guess you want to have it in jessie,
> just having ruby-3.2 blocked from jessie?

s/ruby-3.2/rails-3.2/g

Yes, ruby-awesome-nested-set should work with whatever version of rails.

I just uploaded ruby-awesome-nested-set without the dependency, then; it
should go into jessie in the next 2 days (urgency=high).

>  Actually I don't really understand why ruby-3.2 wasn't uploaded to
> experimental then to have minimal impact on the testing transition for
> other ruby packages, but then I guess that's your decision as a whole.

s/ruby-3.2/rails-3.2/g

rails-3.2 impacts a very small subset of the Ruby packages.

--
Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@debian.org>