Re: redmine depends on ruby-awesome-nested-set, which is not available

Hi Florian,

On Fri, Jul 18, 2014, at 16:10, Florian Schlichting wrote:
> Hi Ondrej,
>
> redmine 2.5.1-2~bpo70+1 in wheezy-backports depends on
> ruby-awesome-nested-set, which is unavailable in both wheezy and
> wheezy-backports.

sorry for the breakage due bad timing on my end.

> Also, said redmine package depends on ruby-rack (>= 1.4.5~) while only
> 1.4.1-2.1 is available in wheezy, and it also depends on
> ruby-railties-3.2 (>= 3.2.16-1~) while the version in wheezy is 3.2.6-3.
>
> Could you please fix this situation, preferably by uploading the
> required packages to wheezy-backports, or if that's not possible as they
> have just been removed from testing on your request along with all the
> other ruby stuff and the backports ftp masters won't give a special
> exception, remove the broken redmine package from wheezy-backports?

We are in sort of deadlock here, since we don't want to have rails-3.2
in testing (e.g. the RC bug there is just to prevent migration).

Could we be granted an exception to upload fixed rails, ruby-rack and
ruby-awesome-nested-set that fix security bugs in rails?

And if not, please remove redmine and rails from backports.

Ondrej
--
Ondřej Surý <ondrej@sury.org>
Knot DNS (https://www.knot-dns.cz/) – a high-performance DNS server