Re: Fwd: Porting Iceweasel 10.0.8 ESR to the Stable Backports.

Hi Jens,

According to your opinion, a better solution is to use the Debian Mozilla
Team archive instead of squeeze-backports where users must waiting
a little longer for a security update? You also wrote, that updated version
of Iceweasel 10.0.10 is on mozilla.debian.net since Oct 26. This means,
that backports users are using vulnerable Iceweasel for almost 5 days, right?
It seems impossible and ... ?
Do you think that the better solution is to use the DMT, instead of
squeeze-backports? I am asking from a security point of view. What is your
opinion?

One more thing; I'm asking just to be sure. If I would like to use DMT archive,
I need add to my /etc/apt/sources.list file the following entry;

deb http://backports.debian.org/debian-backports squeeze-backports main
deb http://mozilla.debian.net/ squeeze-backports iceweasel-release

And of course take advantage of APT tool to install and/or update Iceweasel,
right? With the DMT archive I will/should be able to update Iceweasel almost on
the same day when a new version will be released? So, there will be no need
to wait for a security update several days, as in the squeeze-backports case.
Do I understand it right?

Best regards!