Re: Porting Iceweasel 10.0.8 ESR to the Stable Backports.

daniel curtis schrieb am Tuesday, den 16. October 2012:

> Hi, sorry for a doubling messages, but I would like to ask one more
> question. I know, that the packages backported to the stable-backports,
> can not have a different version from that available in Wheezy and
> that is okay. If Wheezy provides version 10.0.7esr-2, Squeeze also
> will have such versions in stable-backports, right?
>
> On October 13, again a security issues were identified and fixed. [1]
> Now an updated version is 10.0.9 (available e.g. in Sid). What about
> the updates for Wheezy and stable-backports? (both still have 10.0.7).
> I know, that the package update has to wait, due to the '*testing migration*
> '.
> But, because of safety/security etc., updates should not be done faster?
Let me cite ourself from the contribution website:
 To guarantee an upgrade path from stable+backports to the next stable, the
 package should be in testing.. Of course there are some exceptions: Security
 updates. If your package had a security update you can upload a new backport
 even if its not yet in testing. There are also some other exception for
 packages like the kernel, xorg or oo.org.

Alex