Re: Porting Iceweasel 10.0.8 ESR to the Stable Backports.

Hi, sorry for a doubling messages, but I would like to ask one more
question. I know, that the packages backported to the stable-backports,
can not have a different version
from that available in Wheezy and
that is okay.
If Wheezy provides version 10.0.7esr-2, Squeeze also
will have
such versions
in stable-backports, right?

On October 13, again a security issues were identified and fixed. [1]
Now an updated version is 10.0.9 (available e.g. in Sid). What about
the
updates for Wheezy and stable-backports?
(both still have 10.0.7).
I know, that the package update has to wait, due to the 'testing migration'.
But, because of safety/security etc., updates should not be done faster?

Looking over this mailing list I found an interesting conversation, which
I would like to show:

> To backports admins (Alexander, Rhonda...):
> is that a valid exception for having in
> squeeze-backports a package that is
> (temporarily) not in testing?
>
> Of course! Upload whenever you are ready.
> Alex.

Unfortunately,
I do not have a source of this conversation, but for sure,
it took place on this list. So, there is not a need for stable-backports, to
wait for Wheezy? Do I understand it?

Let's going back to my first paragraph, once again. Conclusion were that:
packages backported to stable-backports
can not have a different version
from that available, in the same time, in Wheezy. Okay, I understand this.
So how is it really?

[1] https://www.mozilla.org/security/announce/2012/mfsa2012-89.html
https://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2012-4193