Re: Fwd: Porting Iceweasel 10.0.8 ESR to the Stable Backports.

On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 10:00:54PM +0200, Thibaut Paumard wrote:

> Le 16/10/2012 20:30, daniel curtis a écrit :
> > Hi, okay, I get it Alex. You wrote "(...) the package should be in
> > thesting", but You also have added "(...) some exceptions: Security
> > updates." Updates for Firefox (Iceweasel) which I wrote about, were
> > a security update! So, these updates should not be available as
> > soon as possible in Wheezy or stable-backports?
> >
> > Why it takes so long? Other distributions update their packages on
> > the same day. I think it is a good practice. Okay, I know, that
> > there is Sid and Experimental, but Squeeze or/and Wheezy also
> > should have patched versions of packages. Especially when it comes
> > to security updates. In this case it is Iceweasel.
> >
> > Best regards!
>
> Hi,
>
> you get security updates ASAP for official packages in the stable release.
>
> Backports are *not* official packages.

He does not want a security update for the stable version, but for
the version in backports (10.0.7esr-2~bpo60+1); which had two
security updates in unstable (10.0.8 and 10.0.9). The latest
security update migrated to testing today.

--
Julian Andres Klode  - Debian Developer, Ubuntu Member

See http://wiki.debian.org/JulianAndresKlode and http://jak-linux.org/.