Re: backports kernel: support for t430s laptop in backports?

On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 08:18:27AM +0100, Harald Dunkel wrote:
> I surely understand that most Debian folks are volunteers
> spending a lot of precious free time on the project and
> have to choose what to work on.

So. Are you prepared to do the work?

> On the other hand, many enterprises cannot afford to switch
> over to Wheezy immediately after release date (March 2013?).

They had several months to prepare. What is the problem?

> Squeeze has to last at least for another year.

Squeeze will get security support for another year. This does not mean
it will get new features via backports.

Bastian

--
Only a fool fights in a burning house.
		-- Kank the Klingon, "Day of the Dove", stardate unknown