Re: backports kernel: support for t430s laptop in backports?

On 12/05/12 18:22, Ben Armstrong wrote:

> Might be better before testing other versions to just start with the
> obvious, what's the output of "xrandr"? It's conceivable "no beamer
> output" is just the WM's fault, and neither the kernel nor xorg's. In
> that case, you might get better results handling it manually with xrandr
> rather than letting the WM try to handle it.
>
> Let's say xrandr tells you that you have LVDS1 (laptop display) and VGA1
> (beamer), then try:
>
> xrandr --output VGA1 --auto

xrandr doesn't tell me anything about a VGA or a LVDS. It just
says

xrandr: Failed to get size of gamma for output default
Screen 0: minimum 1600 x 900, current 1600 x 900, maximum 1600 x 900
default connected 1600x900+0+0 0mm x 0mm
   1600x900        0.0*

???

Using "Screen 0" in xrandr doesn't seem to help. All I got was

warning: output Screen 0 not found; ignoring

Regards
Harri