Re: backports kernel: support for t430s laptop in backports?

On 12/05/12 15:53, Cyril Brulebois wrote:

> (I'm probably biased as X maintainer, X backporter, and release
> assistant but anyway…)
>
> Spending time on backporting a full X stack at this point of the
> release cycle looks way less interesting than checking what happens
> with wheezy, possibly fixing buggy parts.

I surely understand that most Debian folks are volunteers
spending a lot of precious free time on the project and
have to choose what to work on.

On the other hand, many enterprises cannot afford to switch
over to Wheezy immediately after release date (March 2013?).
Squeeze has to last at least for another year.

Regards
Harri