Re: Pidgin with version patch

Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
>> So, it is not possible to build these packages unless you upgrade your
>> libc to 2.7.
>
>  I'm sorry but that's completely false analysis because of false
> starting point.
[...]
>  Sorry if this mail sounds pretty explicit, it's not meant to be
> offensive. But you made some errors in your approach that I had to point
> out and I hope you don't take it in the bad.

There is no reason to be sorry, I accept all constructive critics, corrections
and suggestions and I am happy to correct my misconceptions. Also, I prefer
explicit approach.

I made a conclusion that 2.3.1 version was not modified because diff file was
only about debian subdirectory. It didn't fall to my mind you can just modify
control file to exclude version specifier.