Re: Backport of tor

On Tue, 18 Sep 2007, Luk Claes wrote:

> >As long as bpo cannot guarantee that it'll keep the packages up to date
> >- even if Tor is removed from testing - I would prefer it not being on
> >bpo.
>
> If you would upload them, you're in total control of their up-to-dateness...

The main obstacle was that should Tor be removed from testing again -
which has happened in the past because Tor upstream considered
themselves unable to support a Tor version for the lifetime of stable -
we would end up with no more updates, and an ancient version or removal
again because of bpo policy to only accept backports of versions in
testing.

Alexander Wirt and I agreed on an exception to that rule, so I'll be
able to upload the packages from unstable to bpo, even if Tor was
removed from testing.