Re: Backport of tor

On Tue, 18 Sep 2007, Vincent Danjean wrote:

> I do not use Tor myself, so if there is something specific to Tor in this
> situation, I do not know about. However, I do not understand why Tor cannot be
> uploaded to backport.

Because backports.org doesn't maintain their backports.  Sarge bpo still
has 0.1.1.23, which is horribly, horribly out of date and has probably a
score of security issues.

As long as bpo cannot guarantee that it'll keep the packages up to date
- even if Tor is removed from testing - I would prefer it not being on
bpo.

Peter