Re: Backport of tor

Peter Palfrader wrote:
On Tue, 18 Sep 2007, Vincent Danjean wrote:

I do not use Tor myself, so if there is something specific to Tor in this
situation, I do not know about. However, I do not understand why Tor cannot be
uploaded to backport.

Because backports.org doesn't maintain their backports.  Sarge bpo still
has 0.1.1.23, which is horribly, horribly out of date and has probably a
score of security issues.

Any reason why you don't upload your up to date packages to backports?

As long as bpo cannot guarantee that it'll keep the packages up to date
- even if Tor is removed from testing - I would prefer it not being on
bpo.

If you would upload them, you're in total control of their up-to-dateness...

Cheers

Luk