Re: udev 0.87-1 driving me crazy.

norbert@tretkowski.de said:
> * Jose de Zarate wrote:
>> This morning, when I turned the computer  on , I found myself with
>> the boot message 'can't find /dev/hda5' (which is where I've got my
>> root).  After a couple of desperate hours (I can't afford losing the
>> system), where I downgraded udev to 0.84-1 (which worked well for
>> me), and some dpkg-reconfigure linux-kernel_2.6.15-1 I got my system
>> booting again.
>
> Could you please try udev 0.87-1pbo1 with the updated package of
> initramfs-tools from
> http://people.backports.org/~tretkowski/upload/initramfs-tools/

fwiw, I've seen initramfs-tools on systems running both unstable and
sarge + backports.org kernel/udev generate broken initramfs images. In
my case it was root-on-software-raid setups both times, but still. In
both cases the problems went away when I switched to yaird, and the
initramfs images are ~1.2M instead of 5-6M.

Jason