Re: [RFS] casacore-1.7.0 uploaded to mentors

heroxbd@gentoo.org writes:
> Ole Streicher <olebole@debian.org> writes:
>> The following tests FAILED: [...]
> I have reproduced the bug with uid 0.  Casacore assumes the builder is a
> normal user.
>
> for example,
>
> in casa/IO/test/tBucketFile.cc
>
> 133         // Make the file readonly to test on such errors.
> 134         RegularFile rfile("tBucketFile_tmp.data");
> 135         rfile.setPermissions (0444);
>
> The root user is not affected by the permission bits, which results in
> test failure.
>
> Maybe I should disable these tests altogether.  Because in Debian
> file/directory handling is quite robust.  No need for the tests that
> probably designed for more exotic environments.

You are probably right here -- however I would be a bit careful: Debian
is not only Linux, but also has kfreebsd and hurd architectures; and
especially hurd is a bit exotic. It is your choice, however.

If you have a new version ready, I can upload.

Best

Ole